Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 52. Health Care Decisions Act
- Section 40. Decisions By Guardian.
previous: Section 30
next: Section 45
. Withholding or Withdrawing of Life-Sustaining Procedures.
AS 13.52.040. Decisions By Guardian.
- (a) A guardian shall comply with the ward's individual instructions and may not revoke a ward's advance health care
directive executed before the ward's incapacity unless a court expressly authorizes the revocation.
- (b) Unless there is a court order to the contrary, a health care decision of an agent takes precedence over that of a
- (c) Except as provided in (a) of this section, a health care decision made by a guardian for the ward is effective without
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.