Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 76. Miscellaneous Offenses
- Section 140. Avoidance of Ignition Interlock Device.
previous: Section 133
. Interference With the Training of a Service Animal.
next: Chapter 81
. General Provisions
AS 11.76.140. Avoidance of Ignition Interlock Device.
- (a) A person may not knowingly
- (1) circumvent or tamper with an ignition interlock device in a manner intended to allow a person on probation under AS 12.55.102
to avoid using the device; or
- (2) rent, loan, or lease a motor vehicle to a person on probation under AS 12.55.102
, unless the vehicle is equipped with an ignition interlock device described in AS 12.55.102
- (b) Notwithstanding AS 11.81.250
, a person convicted of violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor. The maximum term of imprisonment that may be
imposed is 30 days and the maximum fine that may be imposed is $500.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.