Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 71. Controlled Substances
- Section 110. Duties of Committee.
previous: Section 100
. Controlled Substances Advisory Committee.
next: Section 120
. Authority to Schedule Controlled Substances.
AS 11.71.110. Duties of Committee.
The committee shall
- (1) advise the governor of the need to add, delete, or reschedule substances in the schedules in AS 11.71.140
- (2) recommend regulations for adoption by the Board of Pharmacy to prevent excessive prescription of controlled substances
and the diversion of prescription drugs into illicit channels;
- (3) evaluate the effectiveness of programs in the state providing treatment and counseling for persons who abuse
- (4) recommend programs to the Alaska Court System to be instituted as alternatives to the prosecution or imprisonment of
offenders who have no prior criminal record involving controlled substance offenses and who are charged with crimes
involving controlled substances;
- (5) review and evaluate enforcement policies and practices of the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Law
with regard to crimes involving controlled substances, and recommend modifications of those policies and practices
consistent with the committee's assessment of the probable danger of particular controlled substances; and
- (6) review budget requests and recommend amounts for appropriations to the governor and the legislature for departments
and agencies responsible for
- (A) enforcing criminal laws pertaining to controlled substances;
- (B) providing treatment and counseling of persons who abuse controlled substances; and
- (C) regulating the legitimate handling of controlled substances.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.