Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 41. Offenses Against the Person
- Section 470. Definitions.
previous: Section 468
. Forfeiture of Property Used in Sexual Offense.
next: Section 500
. Robbery in the First Degree.
AS 11.41.470. Definitions.
For purposes of AS 11.41.410
- 11.41.470, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "health care worker" includes a person who is or purports to be an anesthesiologist, acupuncturist, chiropractor,
dentist, health aide, hypnotist, massage therapist, mental health counselor, midwife, nurse, nurse practitioner,
osteopath, naturopath, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, physician, physician assistant, psychiatrist,
psychologist, psychological associate, radiologist, religious healing practitioner, surgeon, x-ray technician, or a
substantially similar position;
- (2) "incapacitated" means temporarily incapable of appraising the nature of one's own conduct or physically unable to
express unwillingness to act;
- (3) "legal guardian" means a person who is under a duty to exercise general supervision over a minor or other person
committed to the custody of the Department of Health and Social Services under AS 47.10 or AS 47.12 as a result of a court order, statute, or regulation, and
includes Department of Health and Social Services employees, foster parents, and staff members and other employees of
group homes or youth facilities where the minor or other person is placed as a result of a court order or the action of
the Department of Health and Social Services, and police officers, probation officers, and social workers when those
persons are exercising custodial control over a minor or other person.
- (4) "mentally incapable" means suffering from a mental disease or defect that renders the person incapable of
understanding the nature or consequences of the person's conduct, including the potential for harm to that person;
- (5) "position of authority" means an employer, youth leader, scout leader, coach, teacher, counselor, school
administrator, religious leader, doctor, nurse, psychologist, guardian ad litem, babysitter, or a substantially similar
position, and a police officer or probation officer other than when the officer is exercising custodial control over a
- (6) "sexual act" means sexual penetration or sexual contact;
- (7) "victim" means the person alleged to have been subjected to sexual assault in any degree or sexual abuse of a minor in
- (8) "without consent" means that a person
- (A) with or without resisting, is coerced by the use of force against a person or property, or by the express or implied
threat of death, imminent physical injury, or kidnapping to be inflicted on anyone; or
- (B) is incapacitated as a result of an act of the defendant.
Article 05. ROBBERY, EXTORTION, AND COERCION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.