Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 50. Alaska Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 910
. Interstate Application.
next: Section 995
. Short Title.
AS 10.50.990. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context indicates otherwise,
- (1) "articles of organization" means the articles of organization filed under AS 10.50.070
or 10.50.570 and the articles as amended or restated;
- (2) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (3) "corporation" means a corporation organized under the laws of this or another state, or of this or another country;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (5) "filed," unless expressly provided otherwise, means filed with the department;
- (6) "foreign limited liability company" means an organization that is
- (A) not incorporated;
- (B) organized under the law of a state other than this state, or under the law of a foreign country;
- (C) organized under a statute that affords to each of its members limited liability regarding the liabilities of the
- (D) not required to be registered under a statute of this state other than this chapter;
- (7) "interim distribution" means a distribution of the assets of a limited liability company to the company's members,
except as provided under AS 10.50.425
- (8) "know" means to have actual knowledge or to know other facts that demonstrate bad faith in the circumstances; this
definition applies also to the derivatives of "know," including "known," "unknown," and "knowledge";
- (9) "limited liability company" or "domestic limited liability company" means an organization organized under this
- (10) "limited liability company interest" means an interest in a limited liability company issued under AS 10.50.275
- (11) "limited partnership" means a limited partnership organized under AS 32.11 or under the law of another state or a foreign country;
- (12) "manager" means a person who manages a limited liability company, if the articles of organization provide that the
company is managed by a manager;
- (13) "managing member" means a member of a limited liability company if the company's articles of organization do not
provide that the company is managed by a manager;
- (14) "member" means a person who has been admitted to membership in a limited liability company under AS 10.50.155
- 10.50.160 and whose membership has not ended under
- 10.50.185 or 10.50.205 - 10.50.225;
- (15) "operating agreement" means a written agreement among all of the members of a limited liability company about
conducting the affairs of the company;
- (16) "professional service" has the meaning given in AS 10.45.500;
- (17) "property" includes cash;
- (18) "state" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, and includes the District of Columbia, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust
Territory of the Pacific Islands.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.