Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 540. Business License and Taxation of Cooperatives.
previous: Section 530
next: Section 550
. Amount of Telephone Cooperative Gross Revenue Tax.
AS 10.25.540. Business License and Taxation of Cooperatives.
- (a) Cooperatives under this chapter shall apply for a business license and pay the initial license fee as provided by the
Alaska Business License Act (AS 43.70), as amended.
- (b) Before March 1 of each year,
- (1) each telephone cooperative shall pay to the state, instead of state and local ad valorem, income, and excise taxes
that may be assessed or levied, a percentage of its gross revenue earned during the preceding calendar year;
- (2) each electric cooperative shall pay to the state, instead of state and local ad valorem, income, and excise taxes that
may be assessed or levied, a tax on the number of kilowatt hours of electricity sold at retail by the cooperative
during the preceding calendar year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.