Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 80. Membership.
previous: Section 70
next: Section 90
. Meetings of Members and District Delegates.
AS 10.25.080. Membership.
- (a) Each incorporator of a cooperative shall be a member of the cooperative or of another cooperative that is a member of
it. A person may not become a member unless that person agrees to use electric energy, or telephone service, or other
services furnished by the cooperative when they are made available through its facilities.
- (b) Membership in a cooperative is not transferrable, except as provided in the bylaws. The bylaws may
- (1) prescribe additional qualifications and limitations on membership;
- (2) require membership as a condition of obtaining service from the cooperative;
- (3) provide for termination or suspension of membership; however, a membership may not be terminated unless procedures for
termination are contained in the bylaws.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.