Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 64. Medicine
- Section 225. Foreign Medical Graduates.
previous: Section 220
. Contents of Examination and Grading.
next: Section 230
. License Granted.
AS 08.64.225. Foreign Medical Graduates.
(a) Applicants who are graduates of medical colleges not accredited by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the
Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association shall
- (1) meet the requirements of AS 08.64.200
(a)(3) and (4) and 08.64.255;
- (2) have successfully completed
- (A) three years of postgraduate training as evidenced by a certificate of completion of the
first year of postgraduate training from the facility where the applicant completed the first year of internship or
residency and a certificate of successful completion of two additional years of postgraduate training at a recognized
- (B) other requirements establishing proof of competency and professional qualifications as the board considers necessary to ensure the continued protection of the public adopted at the discretion of the board by regulation; and
- (3) have passed examinations as specified by the board in regulations.
- (b) Requirements establishing proof of competency under (a)(2)(B) of this section may include
- (1) current licensure in another state and an active medical practice in that state for at least three years; or
- (2) current board certification in a practice specialty by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- (c) In this section, "recognized hospital" means a hospital that has been approved for internship or residency training by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.