Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 55. Hearing Aid Dealers
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 180
. Administrative Procedure Act.
next: Chapter 56
. Hotels and Boardinghouses
AS 08.55.200. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "audiologist" means an individual licensed as an audiologist under AS 08.11;
- (2) "dealing in hearing aids" means the sale or lease, or attempted sale or lease of hearing aids, and the recommendation,
selection, fitting, or adaptation of hearing aids;
- (3) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (4) "hearing aid" means a prosthetic instrument or device designed for or represented as aiding, improving, or correcting
defective human hearing and the parts, attachments, or accessories of the instrument or device; "hearing aid" does not
include cochlear implants, middle-ear implants, vibro-tactile speech-reading aids, other aids for cued speech, or group
or individual auditory training units and assistive devices;
- (5) "hearing aid dealer" means an individual licensed under AS 08.55.010;
- (6) "physician" means a person licensed as a physician under AS 08.64.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.