Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 47. Access of Persons with Restrictions on Purchasing Alcohol.
previous: Section 45
. Obligation to Enforce Restrictions in Licensed Premises.
next: Section 49
. Access of Persons Under the Age of 21 to Licensed Premises.
AS 04.16.047. Access of Persons with Restrictions on Purchasing Alcohol.
- (a) A person who is restricted from purchasing alcohol under AS 04.16.160 may not
knowingly enter or remain in premises licensed under this title to obtain or consume alcohol.
- (b) A licensee may bring a civil action against a person who violates this section if the violation occurs
on the premises of that licensee. If judgment is entered in favor of the licensee, the court shall award civil damages in the amount
of $1,000 and award reasonable costs and reasonable attorney fees allowed under the Alaska Rules of Civil Procedure.
- (c) Nothing in this section or AS 04.16.160 creates a duty or imposes an obligation on a licensee to
physically check the identification of any person entering licensed premises.
- (d) [Effective January 1, 2024.] A person who is restricted from purchasing alcohol under
AS 04.16.160 who knowingly violates (a) of this section commits the
crime of entering or remaining on licensed premises.
- (e) [Effective January 1, 2024.] Entering or remaining on licensed premises is a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.