Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 4. Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Sales and Distribution
- Section 20. Solicitation of Alcoholic Beverages; Purchase on Behalf
previous: Section 17
. Trade Practices [Effective January 1, 2024.]
next: Section 22
. Online Sale and Purchase of Alcoholic Beverages [Effective January 1, 2024.]
AS 04.16.020. Solicitation of Alcoholic Beverages; Purchase on Behalf of
- (a) A person may not pay or receive from another a salary, percentage, or commission to solicit or encourage a patron of
licensed premises to purchase alcoholic or other beverages for a person other than the patron.
- (b) A licensee, an agent, or employee may not knowingly permit a person to loiter within or about premises licensed under
this title for the purpose of begging or soliciting a patron or visitor to purchase alcoholic or other beverages for
the person who is begging or soliciting.
- (c) A person may not purchase alcohol by written order
on behalf of another person who resides in a municipality or established village
that has adopted a local option under AS 04.11.491 (a)(5) or (b)(4).
- (d) [Effective January 1, 2024] A person who violates a provision of this section commits the offense of unauthorized
solicitation or purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- (e) [Effective January 1, 2024] Unauthorized solicitation or purchase of alcoholic beverages is a violation and is
punishable by a fine of $100.
All content © 2023 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.