- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 905. Fees and Expenses For Judicial Proceedings.
previous: Section 900
. Disposition of Money and Personal Property Subject to Claim.
next: Section 910
. Liability For Expense of Placement in a Facility.
AS 47.30.905. Fees and Expenses For Judicial Proceedings.
- (a) The witnesses, expert witnesses, and the jury in commitment proceedings under AS 47.30.660
- 47.30.915 are entitled to the fees, compensation,
and mileage established by the administrative rules of court for other jurors and witnesses. Compensation, mileage,
fees, transportation expenses for a respondent, and other expenses arising from evaluation and commitment proceedings
shall be audited and allowed by the superior court of the judicial district in which the proceedings are held. To the
extent that services of a peace officer are used to carry out the provisions of AS 47.30.660
- 47.30.915, the officer is entitled to fees and
actual expenses from the same source and in the same manner as for the officer's other official duties.
- (b) An attorney appointed for a person under AS 47.30.660
- 47.30.915 shall be compensated for services as
- (1) the person for whom an attorney is appointed shall, if the person is financially able under standards as to financial
capability and indigency set by the court, pay the costs of the legal services;
- (2) if the person is indigent under those standards, the costs of the services shall be paid by the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.