- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 865. Discrimination Prohibited.
previous: Section 860
. Notices in Languages Other Than English.
next: Section 870
AS 47.30.865. Discrimination Prohibited.
- (a) The fact that a person is or has been evaluated or treated for mental illness may not be a basis for discrimination in
- (1) seeking employment;
- (2) resuming or continuing professional practice or previous occupation;
- (3) obtaining or retaining housing;
- (4) obtaining or retaining licenses or permits, including but not limited to a motor vehicle license, motor vehicle
operator's and chauffeur's license, and a professional or occupational license.
- (b) Applications for positions, licenses, and housing may not contain requests for information concerning evaluation or
- (c) A person may not aid, abet, incite, compel, or coerce the doing of an act forbidden under this section or attempt to
Article 11. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.