- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 710. Examination.
previous: Section 705
. Emergency Detention For Evaluation.
next: Section 715
. Acceptance of Order.
AS 47.30.710. Examination.
- (a) A respondent who is delivered under AS 47.30.700
- 47.30.705 to an evaluation facility for emergency
examination and treatment shall be examined and evaluated as to mental and physical condition by a mental health
professional and by a physician within 24 hours after arrival at the facility.
- (b) If the mental health professional who performs the emergency examination has reason to believe that the respondent is
(1) mentally ill and that condition causes the respondent to be gravely disabled or to present a likelihood of serious
harm to self or others, and (2) is in need of care or treatment, the mental health professional may hospitalize the
respondent, or arrange for hospitalization, on an emergency basis. If a judicial order has not been obtained under AS
47.30.700, the mental health professional shall apply
for an ex parte order authorizing hospitalization for evaluation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.