- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 265. Cancellation of Disbursements.
previous: Section 260
. Recovery and Disposition of Allowances Improperly Granted.
next: Section 270
. Agreements With Federal Government.
AS 47.25.265. Cancellation of Disbursements.
- (a) Disbursements issued to a general relief assistance recipient after the date of death of the recipient shall be canceled.
- (b) General relief assistance disbursements made before the death of the recipient but not collected by the recipient before death shall be
canceled, unless claimed by the authorized representative of
the estate of the recipient within 90 days after the date of death.
- (c) The state is not liable to the estate, heirs, or creditors of the deceased general relief assistance recipient for
payment on disbursements canceled under (a) and (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.