- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 10. Children in Need of Aid
- Section 115. Permanent Fund Dividend.
previous: Section 110
. Appointment of Guardian or Custodian.
next: Section 120
. Support of Child.
AS 47.10.115. Permanent Fund Dividend.
- (a) The department shall annually apply for a permanent fund dividend and retain in trust under AS 43.23.015 (e) for the benefit of the child the dividend and
accrued interest on the dividend if the child is in the custody of the department when the application is due.
- (b) The department may not distribute the proceeds of a trust under this section unless
- (1) the child has reached 18 years of age and is no longer in the custody of the department;
- (2) the child has been adopted and one year has elapsed since the adoption;
- (3) the child is no longer in the custody of the department and the child has been reunited with
the child's parents; or
- (4) ordered to do so by the court in the best interest of the child.
- (c) Notwithstanding (b)(1) - (3) of this section, the department may not distribute the proceeds of
a trust under this section if the payment would be made to a guardian of a child who had been in the custody of the
department immediately before the establishment of the guardianship, unless the guardianship was established under AS 13.26.090 - 13.26.155.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.