- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 10. Children in Need of Aid
- Section 10. Jurisdiction; Guardians and Attorneys; Support.
previous: Section 5
next: Section 11
. Children in Need of Aid.
AS 47.10.010. Jurisdiction; Guardians and Attorneys; Support.
- (a) Proceedings relating to a child under 18 years of age residing or found in the state are governed by this chapter when
the child is alleged to be or may be determined by the court to be a child in need of aid under AS 47.10.011
- (b) In a controversy concerning custody of a child under this chapter, the court may appoint a guardian of the person and
property of a child, may appoint an attorney to represent the legal interests of the child, and may order support from
either or both parents. Custody of a child may be given to the department and payment of support money to the
department may be ordered by a court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.