- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 32. Inpatient Psychiatric Services For Persons Under 21 Years of Age.
previous: Section 30
. Medical Services to Be Provided.
next: Section 35
. Priority of Medical Assistance. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 106 SLA 2003].
AS 47.07.032. Inpatient Psychiatric Services For Persons Under 21 Years of Age.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 47.07.030
, the department may not grant assistance under this chapter for inpatient psychiatric services to a person under 21
years of age who is in an out-of-state psychiatric hospital facility or an out-of-state residential psychiatric
treatment center unless the department determines that the assistance is for
- (1) psychiatric hospital services that are consistent with the person's clinical diagnosis and appropriately address the
person's needs and that these services are unavailable in the state; or
- (2) residential psychiatric treatment center services that are consistent with the person's clinical diagnosis and
appropriately address the person's needs and that these services are unavailable in the state.
- (b) The department shall, on a monthly basis, evaluate what types of services are available in the state for inpatient
psychiatric care for persons under 21 years of age. If inpatient psychiatric services that are consistent with the
person's clinical diagnosis and that appropriately address the person's needs become available at a location in the
state for a person under 21 years of age who is receiving the services under this chapter at a location outside the
state, the department shall, as a condition of continued eligibility for coverage of the services under this chapter,
require the person to be transferred to the in-state facility unless the department determines that the transfer would
be detrimental to the person's health, established therapeutic relationship, or clinical need.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.