- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 55. Certified Nurse Aides.
previous: Section 50
. Cooperation With Federal Government.
next: Section 60
. Purpose and Policy Relating to Children.
AS 47.05.055. Certified Nurse Aides.
- (a) If the department has reason to believe that a certified nurse aide employed in a facility licensed by the department
under AS 47.32 as a hospital or nursing home has committed abuse, neglect, or misappropriation
of property in connection with the person's duties as a certified nurse aide at the facility, the department shall
investigate the matter. The department shall conduct proceedings to determine whether a finding of abuse, neglect, or
misappropriation of property should be made. These proceedings shall be conducted under AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630. A finding under this subsection that a
certified nurse aide has committed abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of property shall be reported by the department
to the Board of Nursing.
- (b) If the certified nurse aide is employed in a skilled nursing facility or nursing facility, other than an intermediate
care facility for the mentally retarded, that is participating in the Medicaid or Medicare program, only the state
survey and certification agency may make, and report to the Board of Nursing, a finding that a certified nurse aide has
committed abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of property in connection with the nurse aide's employment at the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.