- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 4. Oil and Hazardous Substance Pollution Control
- Section 35. Registration of Oil Spill Response Action Contractors.
previous: Section 30
. Oil Discharge Prevention and Contingency Plans.
next: Section 40
. Proof of Financial Responsibility.
AS 46.04.035. Registration of Oil Spill Response Action Contractors.
- (a) A person may apply to the department for registration as an oil spill primary response action contractor. The
department shall adopt regulations governing the registration and approval of oil spill primary response action
contractors. Regulations adopted by the department under this section must include
- (1) minimum training standards for personnel;
- (2) verification requirements that ensure the existence of resources, including personnel, equipment, services, and an
adequate deployment plan necessary to a response action or as required by a contingency plan in which the contractor
has agreed in writing to be listed and is listed;
- (3) minimum professional response action standards and practices; and
- (4) minimum planning standards for oil spill primary response action contractors listed in an oil spill contingency plan
approved under AS 46.04.030.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the department may substitute a primary response action contractor approval
program, and a subsequent process to approve primary response action contractors who agree to be listed in a
contingency plan approved under AS 46.04.030
, for regulations required under (a)(1) - (3) of this section if the approval program and subsequent process are
developed by the United States Coast Guard.
- (c) The department shall establish fees applicable to registration under this section in an amount necessary to cover the
costs of the registration program. The fees shall be collected by the department.
- (d) AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) applies to regulations
and registrations under this section.
- (e) The department shall develop and maintain a list of oil spill primary response action contractors registered under
this section. The department shall provide the list on request to interested persons.
- (f) A primary response action contractor registered under this section shall annually provide to the department a list of
all contingency plans approved under AS 46.04.030
in which the primary response action contractor has agreed in writing to be listed as a responder.
- (g) Nothing in this section is intended to amend AS 46.04.030
( l ) or to create a cleanup or performance standard that must be met by a holder of a contingency plan or a response
- (h) In this section,
- (1) "oil" has the meaning given in AS 46.03.826
- (2) "primary response action contractor" means a person who enters into a response action contract with respect to a
release or threatened release of oil and who is carrying out the contract, including a cooperative organization formed
to maintain and supply response equipment and materials that enters into a response action contract relating to a
release or threatened release of oil.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.