- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 790. Criminal Penalties.
previous: Section 780
. Liability For Restoration.
next: Section 800
. Water Nuisances.
AS 46.03.790. Criminal Penalties.
- (a) Except as provided in (d) of this section, a person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if the person with criminal
- (1) violates a provision of this chapter, AS 46.04, AS 46.09, or AS 46.14, a regulation or order of the department, or a permit,
approval, or acceptance, or a term or condition of a permit, approval, or acceptance issued under this chapter, AS 46.04, AS 46.09, or AS 46.14;
- (2) fails to provide information or provides false information required by AS 46.03.465
, 46.03.475, 46.03.755, AS 46.04, or AS 46.09, or by a regulation adopted by the department under AS 46.03.020
(12), 46.03.460, 46.03.755, AS 46.04, or AS 46.09;
- (3) makes a false statement or representation in an application, label, manifest, record, report, permit, or other
document filed, maintained, or used for purposes of compliance with AS 46.03.250
- 46.03.313 applicable to hazardous wastes or a
regulation adopted by the department under AS 46.03.250
- (4) makes a false statement, representation, or certification in an application, notice, record, report, permit, or other
document filed, maintained, or used for purposes of compliance with AS 46.03.460
- 46.03.475, AS 46.14, or a regulation adopted under AS 46.03.020
(12), 46.03.460, or AS 46.14; or
- (5) renders inaccurate a monitoring device or method required to be maintained under AS 46.14, a regulation adopted under AS 46.03.020
(12) or AS 46.14, a permit issued by the department or a local
air quality control program under AS 46.14, or a permit issued by
the department under the program authorized by AS 46.03.020
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 5 ch 141 SLA 1990].
- (c) Each day on which a violation described in this section occurs is considered a separate violation.
- (d) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a person who with criminal negligence discharges oil in violation of AS 46.03.740
or who, when required by an oil discharge to comply with the provisions of an oil discharge contingency plan approved
under AS 46.04.030
, with criminal negligence fails to comply with the plan is guilty of
- (1) a class C felony if the oil discharge is 10,000 barrels or more;
- (2) a class A misdemeanor if the oil discharge is less than 10,000 barrels.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 5 ch 141 SLA 1990].
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 5 ch 141 SLA 1990].
- (g) In this section,
- (1) "barrel" has the meaning given in AS 46.04.900
- (2) "criminal negligence" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 62 ch 21 SLA 1991].
- (h) Notwithstanding AS 12.55.035
(b), upon conviction of a violation of a regulation adopted under AS 46.03.020
(12) or of a violation related to AS 46.14 and described in (a)
of this section, a defendant who is not an organization may be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $10,000 for
each separate violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.