- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 513. Buyer's Right to Inspection of Goods.
previous: Section 512
. Payment By Buyer Before Inspection.
next: Section 514
. When Documents Deliverable On Acceptance; When On Payment.
AS 45.02.513. Buyer's Right to Inspection of Goods.
- (a) Unless otherwise agreed and subject to (c) of this section, if goods are tendered, delivered or identified to the
contract for sale, the buyer may before payment or acceptance inspect them at a reasonable place and time and in a
reasonable manner. If the seller is required or authorized to send the goods to the buyer, the inspection may be after
- (b) Expenses of inspection must be borne by the buyer but may be recovered from the seller if the goods do not conform and
- (c) Unless otherwise agreed and subject to the provisions on C.I.F. contracts (AS 45.02.321
), the buyer is not entitled to inspect the goods before payment of the price if the contract provides
- (1) for delivery "C.O.D." or on other like terms; or
- (2) for payment against documents of title, except where the payment is due only after the goods are to become available
- (d) A place or method of inspection fixed by the parties is presumed to be exclusive but, unless otherwise expressly
agreed, it does not postpone identification or shift the place for delivery or for passing the risk of loss. If
compliance becomes impossible, inspection is as provided in this section unless the place or method fixed was clearly
intended as an indispensable condition, failure of which avoids the contract.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.