- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 511. Tender of Payment By Buyer; Payment By Check.
previous: Section 510
. Effect of Breach On Risk of Loss.
next: Section 512
. Payment By Buyer Before Inspection.
AS 45.02.511. Tender of Payment By Buyer; Payment By Check.
- (a) Unless otherwise agreed, tender of payment is a condition to the seller's duty to tender and complete a delivery.
- (b) Tender of payment is sufficient when made by a means or in a manner current in the ordinary course of business unless
the seller demands payment in legal tender and gives an extension of time reasonably necessary to procure it.
- (c) Subject to the provisions of the code on the effect of an instrument on an obligation (AS 45.03.310
), payment by check is conditional and is defeated as between the parties by dishonor of the check on due presentment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.