- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 328. Sale By Auction.
previous: Section 327
. Special Incidents of Sale On Approval and Sale or Return.
next: Section 350
. Sale By Door-to-Door Solicitation.
AS 45.02.328. Sale By Auction.
- (a) In a sale by auction if goods are put up in lots each lot is the subject of a separate sale.
- (b) A sale by auction is complete when the auctioneer so announces by the fall of the hammer or in other customary manner.
Where a bid is made while the hammer is falling in acceptance of a prior bid, the auctioneer has discretion to reopen
the bidding or declare the goods sold under the bid on which the hammer was falling.
- (c) A sale by auction is with reserve unless the goods are in explicit terms put up without reserve. In an auction with
reserve, the auctioneer may withdraw the goods at any time until the auctioneer announces completion of the sale. In
an auction without reserve, after the auctioneer calls for bids on an article or lot, that article or lot cannot be
withdrawn unless no bid is made within a reasonable time. In either case a bidder may retract a bid until the
auctioneer's announcement of completion of the sale, but a bidder's retraction does not revive any previous bid.
- (d) If the auctioneer knowingly receives a bid on the seller's behalf or the seller makes or procures such a bid, and
notice has not been given that liberty for the bidding is reserved, the buyer has the option to avoid the sale or take
the goods at the price of the last good faith bid before the completion of the sale. This subsection does not apply to
a bid at a forced sale.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.