- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 440. Depositions.
previous: Section 430
. Subpoenas; Witness Fees.
next: Section 450
AS 44.62.440. Depositions.
- (a) Upon a motion with good cause shown or upon stipulation of the parties, an agency may order discovery, including a
deposition to perpetuate testimony, by any reasonable method including those methods prescribed by law in civil
- (b) If the witness resides outside the state and if the agency orders the taking of the testimony of the witness by
deposition, the agency shall obtain an order of court to that effect by filing a petition for the taking of the
deposition in the superior court nearest to the principal office of the agency. The proceedings on this order shall be
in accordance with provisions governing the taking of depositions in the superior court in a civil action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.