- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 312. State Policy Regarding Meetings.
previous: Section 310
. Government Meetings Public.
next: Section 320
. Submittal for Legislative Review.
AS 44.62.312. State Policy Regarding Meetings.
- (a) It is the policy of the state that
- (1) the governmental units mentioned in AS 44.62.310
(a) exist to aid in the conduct of the people's business;
- (2) it is the intent of the law that actions of those units be taken openly and that their deliberations be conducted
- (3) the people of this state do not yield their sovereignty to the agencies that serve them;
- (4) the people, in delegating authority, do not give their public servants the right to decide what is good for the people
to know and what is not good for them to know;
- (5) the people's right to remain informed shall be protected so that they may retain control over the instruments they
- (6) the use of teleconferencing under this chapter is for the convenience of the parties, the public, and the governmental
units conducting the meetings.
- (b) AS 44.62.310
(c) and (d) shall be construed narrowly in order to effectuate the policy stated in (a) of this section and to avoid
exemptions from open meeting requirements and unnecessary executive sessions.
Article 07. LEGISLATIVE REVIEW OF RULES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.