- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 12. Holidays, Agency Office Hours, and Official Language
- Section 10. Legal Holidays.
previous: Chapter 12
. Holidays, Agency Office Hours, and Official Language
next: Section 20
. Holiday Falling On Sunday.
AS 44.12.010. Legal Holidays.
- (a) The following days are legal holidays:
- (1) the first of January, known as New Year's Day;
- (2) the third Monday of January, known as Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday as provided in (b) of this section;
- (3) the third Monday in February, known as Presidents' Day;
- (4) the last Monday of March, known as Seward's Day;
- (5) the last Monday in May, known as Memorial Day;
- (6) the fourth of July, known as Independence Day;
- (7) the first Monday in September, known as Labor Day;
- (8) the 18th of October, known as Alaska Day;
- (9) the 11th of November, known as Veterans' Day;
- (10) the fourth Thursday in November, known as Thanksgiving Day;
- (11) the 25th of December, known as Christmas Day;
- (12) every Sunday;
- (13) every day designated by public proclamation by the President of the United States or the governor of the state as a
- (b) For employment purposes, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday is a legal holiday for state employees who
- (1) are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement; or
- (2) are covered by a collective bargaining agreement whose terms
- (A) include by name Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday; or
- (B) have been amended to substitute a holiday on the third Monday of January for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday in
place of another paid holiday.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.