- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 23. Multiple Use Management of Public Resources
- Section 190. Management.
previous: Section 180
. Purpose of AS 41.23.180
next: Section 200
. Incompatible Uses.
AS 41.23.190. Management.
- (a) The commissioner is responsible for the management of the land and mineral estate within the Knik River
Public Use Area consistent with the purposes of AS 41.23.180 . After adequate public hearings, the commissioner may designate
incompatible uses and shall adopt and may revise a management plan for the Knik River Public Use Area. The management plan must include
provisions for the enforcement of the plan and compliance with the requirements of the plan.
- (b) The commissioner of fish and game, the Board of Fisheries, and the Board of Game are responsible for the
management of fish and game resources and public use of fish and wildlife in the Knik River Public Use Area consistent with the purposes
of AS 41.23.180 .
- (c) The Knik River Public Use Area may not be managed as a unit of the state park system.
- (d) The commissioner shall identify wetland areas within the Knik River Public Use Area and provide for the
protection and use of the wetland areas in the management plan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.