- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 860. Rights Under Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
previous: Section 850
. Designation of Beneficiary.
next: Section 870
. Eligibility for Retirement and Medical Benefits.
AS 39.35.860. Rights Under Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
- (a) Notwithstanding the nonalienation provisions in AS 39.35.900(a), the plan administrator may direct that benefits be paid to
someone other than a member or beneficiary under a valid qualified domestic relations order that is executed by the judge of a competent
court in accordance with applicable state law and that has been accepted by the administrator.
- (b) The administrator shall determine whether an order meets the requirements of this section within a reasonable
period after receiving an order. The administrator shall notify the member and any alternate payee that an order has been received and
indicate to the member and any alternate payee when the order is accepted. A separate account for the alternate payee portion shall be
established as soon as administratively feasible after the order has been accepted by the administrator.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.