- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 20. Compensation, Allowances, and Leave
- Section 360. Order of Payment.
previous: Section 350
. Restoration of Reserve Members to Former Positions.
next: Section 370
. Inapplicability of Provisions to Certain Benefits, Funds, or Interest.
AS 39.20.360. Order of Payment.
All unpaid compensation due to a deceased employee of the state at the time of death shall be paid to the person or
persons surviving at the date of death, in the following order of precedence, and the payment is a bar to recovery by
any other person of amounts so paid:
- (1) to the beneficiary or beneficiaries designated by the employee in writing to receive the compensation filed with
Department of Administration at the time of death; if more than one beneficiary is designated, each shall share equally
unless the employee specifies a different allocation or preference;
- (2) if there is no beneficiary designated, to the surviving spouse;
- (3) if there is no beneficiary or surviving spouse, to the employee's child or children and descendants of deceased
children by representation;
- (4) if none of the above, to the employee's parents, or the survivor of them;
- (5) if none of the above, to the legal representative of the employee's estate, or if there is none, to the person
determined to be entitled under the laws of the employee's domicile.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.