- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 5. Qualifications, Appointment, and Tenure
- Section 60. Appointment, Qualifications, and Terms of Office of Members of Departmental Boards, Councils, or Commissions.
previous: Section 55
. Staggered Initial Terms.
next: Section 65
. Qualifications of Members of the Board of Education and Early Development.
AS 39.05.060. Appointment, Qualifications, and Terms of Office of Members of Departmental Boards, Councils, or Commissions.
- (a) Each member of the following shall be a citizen of the United States:
- (1) Local Boundary Commission;
- (2) Alcoholic Beverage Control Board;
- (b) The governor shall appoint each member on the basis of interest in public affairs, good judgment, knowledge and
ability in the field of action of the department for which appointed, and with a view to providing diversity of
interest and points of view in the membership. Appointments are subject to confirmation by a majority of the members of
the legislature in joint session.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 56 ch 21 SLA 1985].
- (d) A vacancy occurring during a term of office is filled in the same manner as the original appointment is made and,
except as provided in AS 39.05.080
(4), is filled for the balance of the unexpired term. Except as otherwise provided by law, each member holds office at
the pleasure of the governor notwithstanding the member's term.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.