- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 210. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue.
previous: Section 200
. Alaska Children's Trust Established.
next: Section 220
. Administration of the Trust.
AS 37.14.210. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue.
The commissioner of revenue is the treasurer of the trust and has the power and duty to
- (1) act as official custodian of the cash and investments belonging to the trust by securing adequate and safe custodial
- (2) receive all items of cash and investments belonging to the trust;
- (3) collect the principal and income from investments owned or acquired by the trust and deposit the amounts in separate
principal and income accounts for the trust;
- (4) invest and reinvest the assets of the trust as provided in this section and as provided for the investment of funds
under AS 37.14.170
- (5) exercise the powers of an owner with respect to the assets of the trust;
- (6) maintain accounting records of the trust in accordance with investment accounting principles and with distinction
between the principal and income accounts of the trust;
- (7) engage an independent firm of certified public accountants to annually audit the financial condition of the trust's
investments and investment transactions;
- (8) enter into and enforce contracts or agreements considered necessary for the investment purposes of the trust;
- (9) report to the board the condition and investment performance of the trust;
- (10) do all acts, whether or not expressly authorized, that the commissioner of revenue considers necessary or proper in
administering the assets of the trust.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.