- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 68. Time Periods For Claiming Liens.
previous: Section 67
. Recording Notice of Right to Lien.
next: Section 69
. Acknowledgment of Right to Lien. [Repealed, Sec. 18 Ch 102 SLA 1986].
AS 34.35.068. Time Periods For Claiming Liens.
- (a) If a notice of completion is not recorded by the owner as provided in AS 34.35.071
, a claim of lien shall be recorded not later than 90 days after the claimant
- (1) completes the construction contract; or
- (2) ceases to furnish labor, material, services, or equipment for the construction, alteration, or repair of the owner's
- (b) If a notice of completion is recorded by the owner as provided in AS 34.35.071
- (1) the following shall record a claim of lien or a notice of right to lien not later than 15 days after the notice of
completion is recorded:
- (A) a claimant who has received advance notification of the date that the notice of completion is recorded as provided in
- (B) a claimant who has not given a notice of right to lien as permitted in AS 34.35.064
- (2) the following shall record a claim of lien not later than the time specified in (a) of this section:
- (A) a claimant who records a notice of right to lien before or within the period specified in (1) of this subsection;
- (B) a claimant who has given a notice of right to lien but who has not received advance notice of the date that the notice
of completion is recorded by the owner as provided in AS 34.35.071
- (c) A claim of lien is enforceable only if recorded by a claimant within the time specified in (a) or (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.