- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 31. Oil and Gas
- Chapter 5. Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Act
- Section 7. Term of Office; Vacancy; Removal.
previous: Section 5
. Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Created.
next: Section 9
. Qualifications of Members.
AS 31.05.007. Term of Office; Vacancy; Removal.
- (a) The term of office of each member is six years. A commissioner, upon the expiration of a term, shall continue to hold
office until a successor is appointed and qualified.
- (b) A vacancy arising in the office of a commissioner shall be filled by appointment by the governor and confirmed by the
legislature in joint session, and, except as provided in AS 39.05.080
(4), an appointee selected to fill a vacancy shall hold office for the balance of the full term for which the
predecessor on the commission was appointed.
- (c) A vacancy in the commission does not impair the authority of a quorum of commissioners to exercise all the powers and
perform all the duties of the commission.
- (d) The governor may remove a commissioner from office for cause including but not limited to incompetence, neglect of
duty or misconduct in office. A commissioner, to be removed for cause, shall be given a copy of the charges and
afforded an opportunity to be publicly heard in person or by counsel in the commissioner's own defense upon not less
than 10 days' notice. If a commissioner is removed for cause, the governor shall file with the lieutenant governor a
complete statement of all charges made against the commissioner and the governor's finding based on the charges,
together with a complete record of the proceedings.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.