Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 495. Parking Permit For Vehicle Transporting a Person With a Disability.
previous: Section 493
. Misdemeanors Relating to Transfers.
next: Section 500
. Index of Liens. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.495. Parking Permit For Vehicle Transporting a Person With a Disability.
- (a) Upon application by a person with a disability, or by an organization that transports persons with disabilities, the
department or a person authorized by the department shall issue to the applicant, without charge, a special permit
bearing the control number of the applicant. The permit issued under this section, when displayed in the front
windshield of a parked or standing vehicle, shall provide for special consideration by the public with respect to the
parking or standing in designated spaces of a vehicle that is being used for the transportation of a person with a
- (b) A person is not entitled to use the special permit provided for in (a) of this section except when providing
transportation for a person with a disability. Upon the death of a person with a disability to whom a special permit
has been issued, the special permit shall be returned to the department. If an organization to which a special permit
has been issued ceases transporting persons with disabilities, or ceases operating, it shall return the special permit
to the department.
- (c) Proof of disability, for the purpose of this section, shall be the same as that required for the purposes of AS 28.10.181
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.