Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 381. Filing a Lien or Encumbrance.
previous: Section 380
. Dealer's Transfer. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 390
. Transfer to Dealer. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.381. Filing a Lien or Encumbrance.
- (a) A lien or other encumbrance on a vehicle may be filed by delivering to the department
- (1) a manufacturer's certificate of origin or an existing certificate of title;
- (2) an application for a new certificate of title, signed by the registered owner and containing the name and address of
any lienholder and the date of the lienholder's interest;
- (3) applicable filing fees required by law; and
- (4) other documents or information required by the department.
- (b) Upon approval of the application, the department shall send to the person holding a lien or other encumbrance a new
certificate of title which displays the name of the owner and indicates the existence of the lien or other encumbrance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.