Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 231. Certificate of Title Contents.
previous: Section 230
. Sunday School Buses. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 240
. Proration of Tax. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.231. Certificate of Title Contents.
- (a) A certificate of title issued by the department must contain
- (1) the date issued;
- (2) the name and residence and mailing address of the owner;
- (3) the name and address of the primary lienholder, if any;
- (4) a description of the vehicle including its make, year of manufacture, identification number; and
- (5) other information the department may reasonably require.
- (b) The certificate of title must contain a space for the assignment and warranty of title by the owner or dealer selling
the vehicle and a space for the assignment or release of the security interest of a lienholder, and may contain forms
for application for title by a transferee, and for the naming of a primary lienholder.
- (c) The department may not indicate on a certificate of title more than the primary lienholder and the primary registered
owner when indicating lienholders and registered owners.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.