Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 221. Refusal, Suspension, and Revocation of Title.
previous: Section 220
. Farm Vehicles. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 230
. Sunday School Buses. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.221. Refusal, Suspension, and Revocation of Title.
- (a) The department may refuse to issue a certificate of title and may suspend or revoke a previously issued certificate of
- (1) the certificate of title was fraudulently procured or erroneously issued or required information or fees have not been
- (2) the vehicle has been scrapped, dismantled, or destroyed beyond repair;
- (3) the vehicle has been reported to the department as stolen or unlawfully converted, until the department learns of the
recovery of the vehicle or that the report of its theft or conversion was false or erroneous; or
- (4) authorized by any other provision of law.
- (b) Suspension or revocation of a certificate of title under (a) of this section does not affect the rights of a
lienholder named on the certificate.
- (c) A certificate of title that is suspended or revoked shall be returned immediately to the department by the owner or
other person lawfully entitled to possession of the certificate of title.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.