Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 21. Alaska Surface Coal Mining Control and Reclamation Act
- Section 200. Coal Exploration Permits.
previous: Section 190
. Revision and Transfer of Permit.
next: Section 210
. Performance Standards.
AS 27.21.200. Coal Exploration Permits.
- (a) A person may conduct coal exploration activities that substantially disturb the natural land surface only according to
regulations adopted by the commissioner. Before conducting the coal exploration activities, the person shall file with
the commissioner a notice of intent to explore that includes a description of the exploration area and the period of
- (b) The regulations adopted by the commissioner under (a) of this section must include provisions for reclamation,
according to the performance standards established under AS 27.21.210
, of land disturbed by the coal exploration activities, including reclamation of excavations, roads, and drill holes,
and the removal of facilities and equipment.
- (c) The commissioner shall keep information submitted to the commissioner under this section confidential upon request of
the person submitting the information if the information is a
- (1) trade secret or relates to a trade secret; or
- (2) privileged competitive right of the applicant for the coal exploration permit.
- (d) A person who conducts a coal exploration activity that substantially disturbs the natural land surface in violation of
the requirements of this section or regulations adopted under this section is subject to the provisions of AS 27.21.240
- (e) A person may not remove more than 250 tons of coal under a coal exploration permit without the specific written
approval of the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.