Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 3. Division of Recruitment and Retention
- Section 30. Authority and Duties of the Director.
previous: Section 20
. Appointment of Director.
next: Chapter 5
. Military Code of Alaska
AS 26.03.030. Authority and Duties of the Director.
The director shall
- (1) take the necessary steps to assure that unemployed guardsmen have the opportunity to acquire employment through the
state and federal governments;
- (2) keep guardsmen advised of all privileges and benefits available to them from the state and federal governments;
- (3) act as a coordinator with the state and federal governments in an effort to increase the availability of education and
training programs for guardsmen;
- (4) compile a list of guardsmen and their educational and training qualifications and submit it to the federal and state
agencies for possible job placement;
- (5) prepare a program whereby guardsmen are trained in firefighting and related skills and coordinate this effort with
state and federal programs; and
- (6) provide counseling service for guardsmen in order to find educational, training, and employment opportunities for
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.