Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 25. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Section 307. Duties of Child Support Services Agency.
previous: Section 306
. Inappropriate Tribunal.
next: Section 309
. Private Counsel.
AS 25.25.307. Duties of Child Support Services Agency.
- (a) The child support services agency of this state, upon request, shall provide services to a petitioner in a proceeding
under this chapter.
- (b) In providing services under this chapter to the petitioner, the child support services agency shall, as appropriate,
- (1) take all steps necessary to enable an appropriate tribunal in this state or another state to obtain jurisdiction over
- (2) request an appropriate tribunal to set a date, time, and place for a hearing;
- (3) make a reasonable effort to obtain all relevant information, including information as to income and property of the
- (4) send written notice from an initiating, responding, or registering tribunal to the petitioner within two days of
receipt, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays;
- (5) send a copy of a written communication from the respondent or the respondent's attorney to the petitioner within two
days of receipt, exclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays; and
- (6) notify the petitioner if jurisdiction over the respondent cannot be obtained.
- (c) This chapter does not create or negate a relationship of attorney and client or other fiduciary relationship between
the child support services agency or the attorney for the agency and the individual being assisted by the agency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.