Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 89. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 90. Risk Retention Groups and Purchasing Groups.
previous: Section 80
. Electronic Transactions.
next: Section 100
. Appointment of Independent Counsel; Conflicts of Interest; Settlement.
AS 21.89.090. Risk Retention Groups and Purchasing Groups.
- (a) A risk retention group or a purchasing group formed under and in compliance with 15 U.S.C. 3901 - 3906 (Liability Risk
Retention Act) shall register with the director and shall at all times transact business in compliance with federal law
and with the laws of this state that are not preempted by federal law.
- (b) A risk retention group or a purchasing group shall apply for initial registration on forms prescribed by the director.
Payment of a registration fee established under AS 21.06.250
shall be submitted with the application.
- (c) A risk retention group or a purchasing group may continue its registration if it is in compliance with federal law.
Payment of an annual continuation fee established under AS 21.06.250
shall be submitted with the continuation application.
- (d) A risk retention group holding a valid certificate of authority as a domestic insurer or a purchasing group duly
licensed under AS 21.27 as a resident licensee is not required to
be additionally registered under this section.
- (e) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, a person that the director determines under AS 21.06.170
- 21.06.240 has violated a provision of this title
relative to a risk retention group or a purchasing group is subject to a civil penalty of not more than $10,000 for a
violation or, if the director determines that the person wilfully violated a provision of this title, a civil penalty
of not more than $25,000 for a violation.
- (f) The director may adopt regulations on the operation and reporting requirements of a risk retention group that are not
in conflict with 15 U.S.C. 3901 - 3906 (Liability Risk Retention Act).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.