Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 155. Health Discount Plans.
previous: Section 150
. Procedures as to Undefined Practices.
next: Section 160
. Right of Debtor or Borrower to Select Insurance Producer and Insurer.
AS 21.36.155. Health Discount Plans.
- (a) A person may not sell, market, promote, advertise, or otherwise distribute a health discount plan unless
- (1) each advertisement, policy, document, information, statement, or other communication regarding the health
discount plan and the plan itself contain a statement, in bold and prominent type, that the health discount plan is not insurance;
- (2) the discounts offered under the health discount plan are specifically authorized by a contract with each
provider of the services or supplies listed in conjunction with the plan;
- (3) the health discount plan states the name, address, and telephone number of the administrator of the plan;
- (4) the person makes readily available to the consumer a complete, accurate, and up-to-date list of providers
participating in the plan that offer discounted health care services or supplies in the consumer's local area and the discounts offered
by the providers;
- (5) the person provides the consumer the right to cancel the health discount plan within 30 days after purchase
of the plan; and
- (6) the person provides the consumer with a full refund of all payments made, except for a nominal processing fee,
within 30 days after notification of cancellation of the plan under (5) of this subsection.
- (b) The director may adopt regulations to implement this section and to establish additional requirements intended
to prohibit unfair or deceptive practices relating to health discount plans.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.