Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 140. Filing and Enforcement of Protective Orders Issued in Other States.
previous: Section 130
. Specific Protective Orders.
next: Section 150
. Forms For Petitions and Orders; Fees.
AS 18.66.140. Filing and Enforcement of Protective Orders Issued in Other States.
- (a) A certified copy of an unexpired protective order issued in another jurisdiction may be filed with the clerk of court
in any judicial district in this state.
- (b) A protective order filed in accordance with (a) of this section has the same effect and must be enforced in the same
manner as a protective order issued by a court of this state.
- (c) When a protective order is filed with the court under this section, the court shall have the order delivered to the
appropriate local law enforcement agency for entry into the central registry of protective orders under AS 18.65.540
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.