Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 280. Exemptions.
previous: Section 270
. Applicability of Administrative Procedure Act.
next: Section 285
. Municipal Correctional Employees.
AS 18.65.280. Exemptions.
- (a) The commissioner and deputy commissioner of public safety and the chief administrative officers of local police
departments are exempt from the requirements of AS 18.65.240
. However, a person appointed chief of a local police department after July 1, 1981, who performs any operational
duties, shall meet the requirements of AS 18.65.240
- (b) A political subdivision with an established police training program meeting the requirements of AS 18.65.220
(2) and (3) may exclude itself from the requirements of AS 18.65.240
by ordinance. The exclusion has no effect on eligibility to receive federal or state grants.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.