Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 830. Alaska Safety Advisory Council.
previous: Section 825
next: Section 835
. Duties of the Council.
AS 18.60.830. Alaska Safety Advisory Council.
- (a) There is established in the Department of Labor and Workforce Development the Alaska Safety Advisory Council.
- (b) The council consists of 13 members appointed by the governor as follows:
- (1) five members representing industry selected on the basis of geographic representation and population distribution;
- (2) four members representing labor selected on the basis of geographic representation and population distribution;
- (3) one member representing the federal government;
- (4) one member representing the state government;
- (5) one member representing local government; and
- (6) one member of the public.
- (c) A member of the council serves for a term of two years and until a successor is appointed and qualified. An
appointment to a vacancy is for the unexpired term. A person may be reappointed by the governor for additional terms.
A member of the council serves at the pleasure of the governor.
- (d) A member of the council serves without compensation but is entitled to travel and per diem expenses as provided in AS
- (e) The council shall elect a chairperson and a secretary from among its members, each to serve for a term not to exceed
two years. The commissioner of labor and workforce development or the designee of the commissioner of labor and
workforce development shall serve as the executive secretary of the council.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.