Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 715. Administration.
previous: Section 710
. Duties of the Department.
next: Section 720
. Cost of Permits.
AS 18.60.715. Administration.
- (a) The code applies to all new construction, all new work in relocated buildings, and to any alteration, repairs, or
reconstruction of buildings except as provided otherwise under AS 18.60.705
- (b) The department may inspect work installed, removed, altered, or replaced on any plumbing, gas or drainage piping,
plumbing fixture, water heater, or water treating equipment in a building or other location. A permit or inspection is
not required for the following work: the stopping of leaks in drains, soil, waste, or vent pipes, the clearing of
stoppages in or repairing of leaks in pipe valves or fixtures, and repairs or alterations not of a substantive nature
that can be reasonably exempted from inspection.
- (c) Nothing in AS 18.60.705
- 18.60.740 prohibits a person from performing
plumbing work on the person's own property.
- (d) The department may adopt regulations establishing fees for inspections conducted under AS 18.60.705
- 18.60.740. Fees may be established under this
section only for inspections requested by the owner of a structure.
- (e) The department shall maintain a record of all plumbing inspections performed by it and of all inspection fees and
permit fees collected by it.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.