Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 91. Citations.
previous: Section 90
. Penalty For Violations. [Repealed, Sec. 9 Ch 72 SLA 1973].
next: Section 93
. Enforcement Procedures.
AS 18.60.091. Citations.
- (a) If, upon inspection or investigation, the department believes that an employer has violated a provision of AS 18.60.010
- 18.60.105 that is applicable to the employer, the
department shall with reasonable promptness issue a citation to the employer. Each citation shall be in writing and
must describe with particularity the nature of the violation, including reference to the provisions of AS 18.60.010
- 18.60.105 or any order or regulation alleged to
have been violated, and must fix a reasonable time for abatement of the violation. The department may prescribe
procedures for the issuance of a notice instead of a citation with respect to minor violations that have no direct or
immediate relationship to safety or health, or violations that are not serious and that the employer agrees to correct
within a reasonable time. If an employer does not, within a reasonable time set out in the notice, correct a violation
that is not serious, the department shall issue a citation to the employer.
- (b) Upon receipt by the employer, each citation issued under this section, or a copy of the citation, shall be immediately
and prominently posted, at or near each place the violation referred to in the citation occurred.
- (c) A citation may not be issued for a particular violation under this section after the expiration of 180 days following
the discovery of the violation by the department or correction of a violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.