Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 580. Power of Corporation to Provide Additional Security For Bonds.
previous: Section 570
. Issuance of Bonds and Notes.
next: Section 590
. Remedies of Obligee.
AS 18.55.580. Power of Corporation to Provide Additional Security For Bonds.
- (a) In connection with the issuance of bonds or the incurring of obligations under leases, in order to secure the payment
of the bonds or obligations, the corporation, in addition to its other powers, may
- (1) pledge all or a part of its gross or net rents, fees, or revenue from redevelopment projects to which its right exists
or may come into existence;
- (2) mortgage all or a part of its real or personal property in a redevelopment project owned or later acquired;
- (3) covenant against pledging all or a part of its rents, fees, and revenue from redevelopment projects or against
mortgaging all or a part of its real or personal property in a redevelopment project to which its right or title exists
or may come into existence or against permitting or suffering a lien on the revenue or property, and covenant with
respect to limitations on its right to sell, lease, or otherwise dispose of a redevelopment project or a part of a
project, and covenant as to other, or additional debts or obligations that may be incurred by it;
- (4) covenant as to the bonds to be issued and as to the issuance of the bonds in escrow or otherwise, and as to the use
and disposition of the proceeds, and provide for the replacement of lost, destroyed, or mutilated bonds, covenant
against extending the time for the payment of its bonds or interest, and covenant for the redemption of the bonds and
to provide the terms and conditions of redemption;
- (5) covenant, subject to the limitations contained in AS 18.55.480
- 18.55.960, as to the amount of revenue to be raised
each year or other period of time by rents, fees, and other revenue, and as to their use and disposition, and create or
authorize the creation of special funds for money held for operating costs, debt service, reserves, or other purposes,
and covenant as to the use and disposition of the money held in these funds;
- (6) prescribe the procedure by which the terms of a contract with bondholders may be amended or abrogated, the amount of
bonds the holders of which must consent thereto, and the manner in which consent may be given;
- (7) covenant as to the use, maintenance, and replacement of any or all of its real or personal property in a redevelopment
project, the insurance to be carried and the use and disposition of insurance money, and warrant its title to that
- (8) covenant as to the rights, liabilities, powers, and duties arising upon the breach by it of a covenant, condition, or
obligation, and covenant and prescribe as to events of default and terms and conditions upon which any or all of its
bonds or obligations shall become or may be declared due before maturity, and as to the terms and conditions upon which
the declaration and its consequences may be waived;
- (9) vest in any obligees of the corporation the right to enforce the payment of the bonds or any covenants securing or
relating to the bonds;
- (10) vest in any obligee or obligees holding a specified amount in bonds the right, in the event of a default by the
corporation, to take possession of and use, operate, and manage a redevelopment project or a part of a project, title
to which is in the corporation, or money connected with a project, and to collect the rent and revenue arising from the
project or part of the project and to dispose of the money in accordance with the agreement of the corporation with the
- (11) provide for the powers and duties of the obligees and limit their liability;
- (12) provide the terms and conditions upon which the obligees may enforce any covenant or rights securing or relating to
- (13) exercise all or any part or combination of the powers granted in AS 18.55.480
- (14) make the covenants and do any and all acts and things necessary or convenient or desirable in order to secure its
bonds, or, in the absolute discretion of the corporation, as will tend to make the bonds more marketable even if the
covenants, acts, or things are not enumerated in this section.
- (b) The corporation may, by resolution, trust, indenture, mortgage, lease, or other contract confer upon an obligee
holding or representing a specified amount in bonds, the right, in addition to all rights that may be conferred, upon
the happening of an event of default as defined in the resolution or instrument, by an action or proceeding in a
- (1) to have possession of a redevelopment project or part of one, title to which is in the corporation, surrendered to the
- (2) to obtain the appointment of a receiver of a redevelopment project or part of a project, title to which is in the
corporation, and of the rents and profits from the project or part, and, if a receiver is appointed, the receiver may
enter and take possession of, carry out, operate, and maintain the project or a part of the project and may collect and
receive all fees, rents, revenue, or other charges thereafter arising from the project or part, and shall keep this
money in a separate account and apply it in accordance with the obligations of the corporation as the court directs;
- (3) to require the corporation, the members of its board of directors, officers, agents, and employees to account as if it
and they were the trustees of an express trust.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.