Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 550. Eminent Domain.
previous: Section 540
. Disposal of Property in Redevelopment Project.
next: Section 560
. Acquisition and Development of Undeveloped Vacant Land.
AS 18.55.550. Eminent Domain.
- (a) The corporation may
- (1) acquire by eminent domain real property that it considers necessary within the boundaries of the redevelopment project
or for its purposes under AS 18.55.480
- 18.55.960 after the adoption by it of a resolution
declaring that the acquisition of the real property described in the resolution is necessary for those purposes; and
- (2) exercise the power of eminent domain in the manner provided in AS 09.55.240 - 09.55.460 or in the manner provided by other statutory
provisions for the exercise of the power of eminent domain.
- (b) Property already devoted to a public use may be acquired in the same manner, provided that real property belonging to
the municipality or the state may not be acquired without its consent.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.